Before I post the Tumblr handles of the winners, I want to remind you of two things:
- I was very clear in the original post that this wasn’t a random giveaway, but instead a totally subjective one based on how much I liked people’s Tumblr handles and book choices.
- Unfortunately for the small legion of John Green fans who reblogged the post, I don’t like John Green very much. Sorry, kids. No hard feelings—this just wasn’t your lucky day.
- I decided to bend the rule about reblogging the original post as text because Tumblr is quite frankly a butt and makes that more of a hassle than it should be.
With those disclaimers out of the way, here (in no particular order) are the winners and their prizes:
- modest2mouth gets a copy of Walden by Henry David Thoreau
- verymuchinsane gets a copy of Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett
- seventeendinosaurs gets a copy of Night Watch by Terry Pratchett
- anexcellentsourceofvitaminc gets a slightly rules-bent paperback boxed set of The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
- kitten-overlord, for giving exactly the right answer and having the best Tumblr handle of the five selected winners, gets her choice of a copy of The Great Book of Amber by Roger Zelazny OR Riddle-Master by Patricia McKillip OR The First Two Lives of Lukas-Kasha by Lloyd Alexander and Seaward by Susan Cooper
In the end, the books played a much larger role in my selection of winners than the Tumblr handles (with the sole exception of kitten-overlord, whose handle I have admired for some time now). They are all books I have read and am, for one reason or another, inordinately fond of. Thus blow the winds of fate.
Congratulations to the winners, who should expect messages in their Ask boxes shortly. To everyone else who reblogged, thanks for playing—and keep reading!