Where is the “Never reblog a text post as a link because no one with a brain wants to fucking do that” preference, please?
Actually… text-post-as-a-link is ideal when you want to reblog a text post, and only offer your content on your blog rather than the original post + your commentary.
It’s nicer than just linking to the post because you appear on the reblog chain and the original poster is notified of your commentary.
The button to change it takes less than a second.
Text-post-as-a-link is never ideal. It’s a shitty “feature” that makes the title of the post look terrible and includes an almost-certainly useless subset of the OP’s post by default. Make the feature work sanely and we’ll talk, but as of right now, I have never once seen it behave in a way that looks like something I would ever consider having on my Tumblr. For the love of god, why is something like that the default? And why isn’t there an option to turn it off?
TL;DR: if I wanted a computer to make terrible, awful-looking choices about what to put on my Tumblr, well, I probably wouldn’t be here, and Tumblr shouldn’t want me here. Fix it.
- melobathegreat reblogged this from captainriz
- geopsych likes this
- jeremyjohnstone likes this
- rocmegamanx reblogged this from montypla
- jwisser reblogged this from alexstone and added:
- urocyon-littoralis reblogged this from jwisser and added:
- urocyon-littoralis likes this
- howtodothecharlestonpanda likes this
- thiagovscoelho likes this
- montypla reblogged this from bestnatesmithever and added:
- hoopy-frood likes this
- sabrinama likes this
- captainriz reblogged this from jwisser
- aranescue likes this
- alittleofalongway likes this
- i-was-probably-high-when-i likes this
- bestnatesmithever reblogged this from alexstone and added:
- bestnatesmithever likes this
- alexstone reblogged this from jwisser and added:
- whimsicalities likes this
- jwisser posted this