So I picked Oh My Goddess! and I swear I’m trying to see what possible redeeming qualities it could have, but so far it seems mostly like a fedora kid’s wet dream.
- Keiichi Morisato is literally such a nice guy that even little girls take advantage of him
- So the Almighty himself takes pity on him and sends a goddess (Japanese/western metaphysics woooo!) to grant him one wish
- Keiichi wishes for this goddess (whose name is Belldandy) to stay by his side forever
- The Almighty says “Yep, that seems entirely reasonable” and grants the wish
- After initially freaking out, Belldandy is entirely okay with the fact that she’s stuck with the mansplaining little bastard forever
- There’s a thing called the System Force that intervenes if they move more than like five feet apart
- Belldandy constantly talks about how they’re going to spend more wonderful moments together than stars in the sky
- When he tells her that his biggest dream is to one day save enough money to build his own motorcycle, she tells him that’s very appealing
- Did I mention he is flat broke, totally useless at life, has absolutely terrible luck, and has never been with a girl
- She can read his mind and has no problem with him constantly being like OMG I’M NEAR A PERSON WITH LADYPARTS
Has anyone watched this before? Are there redeeming qualities?
- jwisser reblogged this from ether101 and added:
- ether101 reblogged this from jwisser and added:
- asmallteapot likes this
- kamikaze-kumquat reblogged this from jwisser and added:
- 0xfefe said: I know people who have watched it. No redeeming qualities. It is 100% “plot”.
- jwisser posted this