I will—I hope—make this one post and only this one post regarding Ruby Turok-Squire’s recent blog post about ObieTalk.
There’s absolutely an issue worth talking about here, and I’m pleased that there’s once again a discussion happening about this subject, but I think Ruby is…
I agree on most counts, though I differ on one important matter: it’s nobody’s “right” to needlessly hurt somebody, free speech or no. That’s why libel is a crime. Other than that, some very good points.
I have the right to drive a car or fire a gun. If I use that right to hurt someone, there will probably be repercussions. That doesn’t mean that the right to drive a car or fire a gun doesn’t exist. The same applies to free speech.
- oldnewsisgoodnews reblogged this from jwisser and added:
- jwisser reblogged this from oldnewsisgoodnews and added:
- whimsicalities likes this
- imamjeuy reblogged this from jwisser
- obiestalkback reblogged this from jwisser
- thosepaperscut likes this
- maspower likes this
- urocyon-littoralis said: Very well said.
- urocyon-littoralis likes this
- nightsinwonderland said: Yes.
- jwisser posted this