You guys know what’s not okay? Slut shaming, routine infant circumcision, use of ableist/sexist/homophobic/transphobic/racist language, body shaming, rape jokes, victim blaming, claiming friendzoning is real, and ya know, being a douche.
*Infant circumcison is part of a few major religions’ customs, including Islam.
*It is entirely possible to be “in the friendzone” with someone. I don’t know why anyone would claim it’s not real.
You can’t force a religion or cultural custom on anyone, even if they are your child. I don’t care what the reason is. They can chose that, if they want to, as an adult.
Going to ignore the other comment though, don’t want to argue about that.
I am so incredibly sick of “X is a major religion’s custom, so it’s okay”.
The three major Abrahamic religions all had times in their histories when they advocated the murder of people for non-violent moral infractions such as adultery and working on the sabbath. People who continue to follow those violent customs are now considered immoral. We have collectively agreed that centuries-old religious doctrine is not a valid excuse for committing violent acts.
So please explain to me why cutting the genitals of children is different. What makes that kind of violence okay just because religion says so?
You think people will be offended that they’re no longer allowed to harm their children? Well, that’s just TOUGH. They’re harming their fucking children.
- whyyyyyohhwhyyyyy likes this
- macaroni-overlord reblogged this from jwisser and added:
- jwisser reblogged this from oldnewsisgoodnews and added:
- oldnewsisgoodnews reblogged this from jwisser and added:
- gold-from-grief reblogged this from macaroni-overlord
- pervvection reblogged this from colchoneria and added:
- crymsun likes this
- colchoneria reblogged this from ona-mina and added:
- ona-mina reblogged this from macaroni-overlord
- ona-mina likes this
- macaroni-overlord posted this