This is my youngest colt, Dante.
He is half Houdini, half goat.
I took him to his very first halter show, left him tied to the trailer with his mother, and turned my back. When I looked back, he had untied himself, his mother, and was halfway to the next trailer over - presumably to either make friends, untie the other horses, or attempt both.
So I stuck him in the trailer, figuring he couldn’t get in much trouble in there.
Now, I don’t know how familiar you are with stock trailers/cattle haulers/what have you, but many have this hay loft up front, and a partitioning gate about halfway back that can be locked open or shut.
He unlocked the center partition (the mechanism for this is on the *outside* of the trailer), waltzed up front, and climbed into the hay loft.
This is how I found him.
(He was not hurt, if you were curious. He just kinda hopped back down.)
He is now 6 years old, and his antics over the years have included: opening gates, untying every knot that I know how to tie, undoing various buckles (on halters, headstalls, saddles, harnesses, *my belt*), pantsing his farrier, attempting to steal his vet’s wallet, opening doors, climbing stairs (up *and* down), climbing into the back seat of the truck, opening the trailer door, locking his brother in said trailer, treeing a raccoon, outsmarting the electric fences (fence posts are insulated, thus do not shock him + if the wire touches the ground, it shuts off = remove the fence posts, ground the wire, escape).
Today, he clipped my truck keys off my belt and disappeared with them.
This horse is too smart. Send help.
HE LOCKED HIS BROTHER IN A TRAILER AHHAHHAHA
THIS COLT IS A LEGEND
HE PANTSED HIS FARRIER THOUGH LOL
Oh my god
Clearly related to Loki
Bolding mine, because OF COURSE.
Whatever the explanation, some animals clearly have human-level intelligence.
- radicalfistpumpmcgee reblogged this from another-lifetime
- alexshrub reblogged this from ponysieve and added:
- alexshrub likes this
- another-lifetime reblogged this from dementedspeedster
- ponysieve reblogged this from thadthawne
- random-panda7 reblogged this from dementedspeedster
- random-panda7 likes this
- bluestarmuse likes this
- dementedspeedster reblogged this from soldierforthefuture
- dementedspeedster likes this
- soldierforthefuture reblogged this from thadthawne
- soldierforthefuture likes this
- kadabbs likes this
- thadthawne reblogged this from digitoid
- nomnomveggies reblogged this from lovingequestrian
- disasterrising likes this
- boonehound reblogged this from totallynotagentphilcoulson
- bravelittlebirds reblogged this from moblinfodder
- bravelittlebirds likes this
- idlepsyche reblogged this from creating-a-mess
- dont-back-up-dont-back-down reblogged this from fuckyeahhorsesports
- harunatsuku likes this
- thetigerden likes this
- joshzytkiewicz reblogged this from themunchkym
- ask-atem likes this
- h3art-0f-chamb3rs likes this
- legasp likes this
- hornyspacesnakes reblogged this from the-question-why
- becktburg13 reblogged this from the-fandoms-spin-madly-on
- kellbelle117 likes this
- kellbelle117 reblogged this from maddoctormaddie
- randomblogofrandom likes this
- lightsoncrazy reblogged this from themunchkym
- lightsoncrazy likes this
- jordyb-rox likes this
- g2-lpi likes this
- emzao likes this
- imaginethoseboys likes this
- maddoctormaddie likes this
- maddoctormaddie reblogged this from flying--changes
- beanarie likes this
- m4d-minute likes this
- suzem89 reblogged this from themunchkym
- cute-slutty-baby-bunny likes this
- clairison reblogged this from themunchkym
- clairison likes this
- the-question-why reblogged this from tardisrightsactivist
- tardisrightsactivist reblogged this from penelopehawthorn
- tardisrightsactivist likes this
- penelopehawthorn reblogged this from themunchkym