Today was the housing fair, the time where all Oberlin dorms, program houses, and theme halls make posters and promote themselves to people who still don’t know where they want to live next year. Of course, I was promoting SciFi Hall, with a little help from some hall leaders and residents.
It was awesome. Tay, Kevin, Quinton, Will, Jackson, Joe, Adina, and Bridget showed up. We had banter with Classics Hall. We convinced two girls to make hall their first choice.
But more than anything else, we talked about what a great place hall is. How awesome and close our community is. That we do both stereotypically nerdy things and just weird, off the wall shit. That all of us are involved in so many things like co-ops, and literature magazines, and the circus, and bands. Basically everything on campus has a hall member involved.
Hearing people talk about how great hall is so excellent. Hearing other people heap love on the place I love so much just makes me love it more. I’m ready to leave Oberlin, but I don’t know if I’ll ever be ready to leave hall.
Pro tip: you won’t.
- scifihall likes this
- oberlin-college likes this
- oberlin-college reblogged this from urocyon-littoralis and added:
- jwisser reblogged this from urocyon-littoralis and added:
- jwisser likes this
- theratsinthebricks likes this
- dissonancengine said: I really wish I could have been there.
- lettz likes this
- zincfingers likes this
- fallingaparttocuttime likes this
- urocyon-littoralis posted this